I would use DrakConf as I have just done an install with it to upgrade errata.  If it doesn't come on the 7.0 distro, you might be able to download it, install, and then run it.  It downloads the packages and installs them for you.  If you want to muck about, don't use it.  but if you have work to do and don't want to waste a lot of time, I think it's pretty damn good!

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I would like to upgrade from Mandrake 7.0 to 7.1.  Since I am new to
Mandrake, I  am unsure of the correct procedure.  Do I simply down load all
the files on the 7.1 ftp tree and install them or are there additional
steps I need to take?  Is there are more automated procedure?  I don't have
a CD burner and therefore cannot use the Iso Images.

Is it best to install the RPM's from command line or is there a utility
that I should use?

Thanks in advance

Mark

--