Dear All, Hello again. Can anyone help me find the easiest way to get on
the internet with my newly installed FriendlyNet Asante 10/100 Fast PCI
100 Mbps Fast Ethernet Adapter? The Cox cable technician came yesterday,
installed it for my Windows 95 but could not get it to work in my
Windows 95. He says the driver would not install because I had some
corrupt files in Windows 95. He blamed Linux for it. Personally, I do
not think he really knew why it was not working. I asked him to help me
with the Linux installation but he knew nothing about Linux. He got
started with it and he did something with Kudzu then gave up. I do not
know where he left off. I have gone through all of the archives and info
on the net that I could find about using a cable modem with Linux. I am
a true newbie and I just do not know the first thing about doing this.
All I know is that my the domain name is cox-internet.com. The IP
Address is automatically assigned by the server each time you log on.
The Outgoing Mail Server is smtp.cox-internet.com. The Incoming Mail
Server is pop.cox-internet.com. The FTP Server is ftp.tcainternet.com. I
have Linux-Mandrake 7.0 complete with the DrakX graphical installer. Do
you use Kppp for this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Marcia