On Mon, Jul 17, 2000 at 04:47:21PM -0600, cjulwelling wrote:
> heh heh... I have had about the exact opposite luck as you.  7.0 died all
> the time on me where as 2000 has never crashed once... for me and I've had

Well,  even if I wanted to, I couldn't try W2k, because my ISDN card, that
worked perfectly fine (as long as something can work perfectly under
Windoze) isn't even supported by W2k.  And as long as there's no hardware
support for an OS, it is no alternative to switch to.

I'm running Linux for the last 3-4 years now, and don't remember when it
last crashed.  Windows NT I never tried at home, because I don't have a
license for that.  I don't care about it actually.  And the only OS that I
have license for (besides Linux obviously) is W98.  And W98 is extremely
unstable and with bad hardware suppport.  E.g. it won't run my monitor at
1152x864 at 100Hz, where Linux does this pretty well.

So, if someone really suggests to use Windoze, he can't have a clue.  At
least that's my experience.

> they both have weaknesses and strengths and I also enjoy having 4 OS's on my
> computer( Be, Linux, 2k, 98). : )

Not that it is any of my business, but what do you need 4 OS's for?  W2k and
Linux I can imagine, yes.  But why 98 and Be?  I personally need only one
OS.  BTW: Haven't tried Be yet, no hardware support for my ISDN card; no
support == bad OS.

Alexander Skwar
--
Homepage:       http://www.digitalprojects.com
Sichere Mail?   Mail an [EMAIL PROTECTED] fuer GnuPG Keys