>   So says you.  No public list, news or mail, is a forum (or should
>be) for personal attacks, nor will ever be devoid of semi-related
>topics.

You're right Tom, no conference is devoid of off-topic msgs.  But when you
start defending people's rights to post them the road to chaos is a short
one.  Given that most of the msgs I've seen in the past couple days refer
to AOL (doesn't support Linux) and Windows, I'd say this conference has
strayed WAY beyond the occasional off-topic (or using your term
"semi-related" msg.

BTW, when this happens in a conference, the knowledgable people are the
first to bail out.  Since this is a conference that people sign up for to
get advice, it doesn't bode well for the advice that will be given unless
it gets back on track.

Cheers --- Larry