I was musing to my brother the other day that I have spent more money on
linux books in the past nine months then I have cumulatively spent on
windows software in my whole life.  I'm not a programmer nor am I
particularly a geek, I simply enjoy being in controll of the elements of
my life.  Windows forces me into a sort of a
cut-off-the-chickens-head-and-dance-naked-in-a-pentagram-while-I-smear-its-blood-all-over-my-body-and-chant-the-national-anthem-backwards
kind of controll while linux actually gives me more control then my
meager knowledge is ready to have.  Since I like learning and am
fascinated by computer hardware and software linux really appeals to me.

Just my .02

Abe