I dont rate my experiance as good.

I bought mandrake 7 cos it said "voice type " on the box (ok so idid not
read it carefully[enough]) and expected a fully configured and useable
system.

I wrote asking how to dual boot os2 , when will voice type be released as a
useable programme and that I was upset to find or registering that 7.1 was
already out.

Macmillan replied that some work had been done on os2 but they did not know
what!
which is crazy when you concider all the work IBM are doing making
programmes availiable to linux.

and that I could easilly update to 7.1 online,

Well I've tried and I can not, first it does not seem availiable on the
update system and second when I try I get a constant list of failures and
warning of bugs!

finally I tried a 7.1 disc that I found on a linux mag and although it said
"complete" it seems to be a demo, and has messed up the linux installation.

I think the newbe list should be changed to or backed up by a database of
all normal problems, this would take out 90% of the succesive quiries so
that attention could be given to the questions not on the database.

peter bunce

ps  anyone know if SuSI linux 7 can be bought loaded and used I mean used
for SOHO work, without all the wasted time I've now spent, not getting
anywhere with Mandrake?