You're right (technically)... The main difference, though, is that there
are a million different configurations of intel machines, and only a
handful of apple boxes...

Remember mac clones? They didn't last too long, exactly for that
reason... even now, I can't get my stupid CD-R running on my Umax
s900... while it works fine on my ancient mac 7200....

        -- jon