On 28 Sep 2000, at 11:06, F. E. Schaper wrote:

>  Do I think you need to have an automatic rifle to defend your home,
>  or to hunt a wild animal? No I do not.

1700's
"What do you need that musket fer, Jeb?"

"A man's gotta eat and defend hisself, John"

"Defend yerself? Wut fer? King George has militia here. They'll
protect yer family!"

2000's
"What do you need that pistol for, Mike?"

"The gangs are getting bad in the area and I need some protection,
Paul"

"Protection? What are you talking about, Mike? The President launched
a WAR against drugs and violence a decade ago!  You don't need a gun!

If billions of dollars spent on law enforcement and education cannot
stop drugs and violence, how in the world is a gun control law, ink
on paper, going to stop it?

EOT.

--
R. Edward McCain