At 01-10-2000 04:12 AM, you wrote:
>....  about how one would uninstall Redhat and install another Linux
>distribution  such as Mandrake 7.1.

Hi,
If you want to install Mandrake over RedHat, just boot your computer with
the boot disk from Mandrake (or a pure DOS boot disk).  Proceed with
Mandrake installation - (as if nothing is there) - Linux-Mandrake will
detect the existing linux and 'ask' you for permission to
over-write/delete, 'say OK' and carry on, every thing will be fine. IF you
are going to remove linux (any distro) and install some other OS, then surf
to :
http://www.redhat.com/support/manuals/RHL-6.2-Manual/getting-started-guide/sl-q-and-a-removing.html

I did both above procedures and both worked for me.
Regards