Rick:
I used it to move from 7.0 -- it took a long, long time -- hours as
opposed to the 45 minutes or so that it took to install 7.0. Since there
wasn't all that much non-distro stuff on the drive, it might have been a
better idea to backup the data, clean the disk, install the newer
Mandrake, configure and restore the data.
-- Carroll