In my mind, it seems like running something in wine is a bit of a kludge -
especially a full blown productivity app...

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Marshall [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2000 10:05 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [newbie] Microsoft bails out Corel!!

> hmm, maybe i'm just naive but so what if MS bails out Corel as far as
linux
>  goes.  There is/was nothing stopping MS from creating their own
distribution
>  of linux nor stopping them from building applications for Linux.  I can't
>  believe that there aren't any MS programmers running linux at home (or at
>  work) and I wouldn't be surprised to find out that apache is running
>  somewhere in that company.

Just a thought here.  Corel has successfully (not in my opinion but in the
minds of some) ported their Office suite to Linux using Wine.  If you dig
very
deeply you find that within MS there's a debate about whether they
should/shouldn't produce MS Office for Linux.  Could there be a connection?
Spin is everything these days it seems.  Just thought I'd suggest that this
story might have a positive spin in the end.

Cheers --- Larry