I have not heard of voice mail causing this problem, but call
waiting sure does.  Just for grins, try '*70' followed by the
number.  The only way you may know for sure that it works
would be to have someone call while you are on line.

Barry :-)

On Thu, 05 October 2000, Dennis Myers wrote:

> I will pose the question again, since I still have not been able to find
> an answer in the Mans and online howto's, knowledge base etc. I have
> voice mail on my phone line, when someone leaves a message the phone
> will signal with a stutter tone when you activate or pick up the
> reciever. This seems to fool KPPP into thinking it is getting no
> dialtone or a busy signal, probably the later. It then signals "no
> dialtone" and stops there. Does anyone know how to make KPPP wait for
> about 5 seconds and then attempt to connect? I get tired of having to go
> to the phone and deleting messages so I can get online. TIA, Dennis
> --
> Dennis M. a registered Linux User #180842

Surfree.com - nationwide internet access
http://www.surfree.com