--- A V Flinsch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It all has to do with the switch to the Debian menuing system in
> 7.1
> take a peek at the entries in /etc/menu and /usr/lib/menu along
> with whatever
> is in /usr/doc/menu-2.1.5/menu.txt

No, I'm using version 7.0. I did a deja-news search and someone
reported that the menus would revert if you installed a new RPM file.
That makes sense, kmenus doubles as an index of programs installed
through rpm. You can add stuff, but if you delete anything it gets
restored when you log in again. So much for your "personal" menu. I
guess the best course is to put personal items on the panel. There
will be a new version of KDE in 7.2 apparently, I'm looking forward
to that.