At 10:51 AM 00/10/28 -0400, you wrote:

> >      7.2 final just began showing up on Mandrake ftp mirrors late
> > yesterday (10/27).  The cheap CD sites will prob'ly have it
> > available in a day or two.  The retail box sets will more likely be
> > two weeks.
>
>Can someone from Mandrake tell us whether the release version is any
>different from the Oct12th beta version?
>
>Cheers -- Larry

I'm not from MandrakeSoft, but here is what Deno said on Mandrakeforum.com
(best site for Mandrake news and discussions...):

****************************

Hard to deny it, I suppose .-)
OK, 7.2 is out, but most ftp mirrors still need some
time to mirror it.
As soon as they do synchronise, someone will undoubtedly
announce it on slashdot, and they will need few days to recover.

It is weekend: don't waste your time trying to download 7.2
today: Yes, LM7.2 is a very nice distro, but there is
really nothing new compared to RC1 version (which has been  available for
download for weaks), except "official" KDE2 final and some bug-fixes. Heck,
even I didn't upgrade my machine yet, RC1 works just fine for me...

So go out, have fun, and come back few days later, "after the goldrush".
Send me a pizza.

creaktop