On Saturday 28 October 2000 12:12 pm, you wrote:
> >      Larry, the same questions been asked on the cooker list.
> > So far the consensus is that 7.2 final is the latest beta with
> > about a dozen rpm patch level upgrades, Linuxconf, DHCD, and
> > some locales. My take is that the last beta == 7.2 final for all
> > practical purposes.
>
> Thanks Tom...that will save me a download :-)  Are you still
> running 7.2 as your working system?  What do you think in general?
>
> Cheers --- Larry

    I'm addicted to updating ;)  Yes, I run 7.2beta as my main
system, but i've updated gradually (over a 28,8) from 7.2 [early]
beta 3 (cheap CD's), to what I feel is comparable to the 7.2 final.
I'd rather maintain Mandrake with cheap Cd's, some d/l'g, and sendin
MandrakeSoft cash donations **, than buyin retail 'Box' versions.

** MandrakeSoft, Inc. : 2400 N. Lincoln Ave - Altadena, CA 91001
  -or-
   MandrakeSoft S.A. : 43, rue d'Aboukir - 75002 Paris - France

   M(NSH)O's are:  this is the biggest jump in ease of use and
functionality, stability I've ever experienced since runnin Linux
mostly full time in over 3 years.  At first I didn't like kde2, but
that was soon forgotten as I got use to the changes.  My impressions
so far are that the underlying base system (for the very new
listenin', only the kernel is Linux) that Mandrake continues to
tweak and refine, despite a big move towards the LSB, is rock solid.
So runnin beta/cooker/my own tweaks, versions of Mandrake is no
problem for me. (thanks to Mandrake)

    Guess y'all can tell I'm a happy camper ;>  If you are too, let
'em know:
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
--
Tom Brinkman        [EMAIL PROTECTED]         Galveston Bay