greetings all.
first off, thanks to those of you who recomended CD burning programs for me.  i'm
playing around with those.

i got two things regarding CD burning.

i have been reading & attempted to understand the man page for cdrecord.  i have a CD
drive build in (cdrom) and a SCSI burner (cdrom2).  i was hoping there would be an
easy way to copy a CD from the command line, such as
cdrecord -duplicate cdrom cdrom2    **i'm making up that switch you know**
but as i look thru the pages it isn't that easy is it??  or is it?? am i missing
anything here?

next, i have burned a few CDs using gtoaster.  i was burning one this weekend and went
to fire up GIMP while doing that.  short of the long, Linux did a windoze imitation.
crashed & burned big time.  first gtoaster froze, then KFM, then eterm.  ended up
shutting down to reboot.
do you think this was because i was trying to do too much at once?  i burned CDs after
this crash & it was all good.  my system is pretty low end.  p2 - 250MHz - 60M ram
(gotta upgrade ram next)

also, had to turn off the power as i could not shut down normally.  i kept getting the
same error message over and over:

unmounting file systems unmount2: device or resource busy
unmount: /usr: device is busy
SCSI host 0 abort (pid 5540) timed out - resetting
SCSI bus is busy rest for host 0 channel 0

system appears to be just fine now - so this was just things freaking out because
gtoaster crashed while using my CD burner yes?  oh, i have no other SCSI devices.

thanks for advice and tips.

Adrian Smith
'de telepone dude
Telecom Dept.