David, go to "  http://www.linuxnewbie.org/nhf/intel/hardware/mountzip.html   "  you have to do the changes in Superuser or Root mode on a console. But the directions are straight forward and as a real newbie a couple of months ago I was able to mount my Zip .  The second problem I can't help you with, sorry,

David O'Sullivan wrote:

I have lately installed Linux Mandrake and find it very good,but I have a few small problems:    1.I can't get it to work my zip drive.    2.I backed up my windows through Mandrake one time when I had to re-boot windows but now it won't let me send the files back the same way from mandrakes to windows.            How will I solve these problems.                        Rgds
--
Dennis M. a registered Linux User #180842