Just curious, what was the price on the boxed set with books?

Thanks,

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Sherman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 22, 2000 11:03 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Staples 7.2

Mandrake was forced by Wal-Mart to get the boxed version of 7.2 out early
(under threat of not putting it on shelves at all until after the new
year). Wal-Mart had them by the cojones, and they did what just about
anyone interested in keeping them would do: cried uncle.

Dave

At 10:48 AM 11/22/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>On Tue, 21 Nov 2000, John Arkoulis wrote:
>
> > I found today in Vancouver at Staples Mandrake 7.2
> > The box contains 7 CDs and it says that includes KDE 2 Beta. Is this the
> > same version as Wall Mart was selling in the States???
> >

>The boxed release doiesn't seem like it will have the KDE2 final yet only
>the d/l version, its a ruash job by mandrakesoft to get boxed pkgs out for
>christmas- marketing tactics :( and even the Final is buggy I gave up on
>it, its trying to copy a winblows interface too much in my opinion anyhow.
>I hate it.
>  --
>Chad Y.
>Registered Linux User #195191

Dave Sherman
SoftServ Business Systems, Inc.

"Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum viditur."