Of course I meant REAL word processors and the LINUX crowd, not these
commercial enterprises trying to hurriedly port their wares to Linux.

Kword would qualify as a Real word processor from the Linux crowd if it
would save in some of the normal wp formats and if a few bugs were
straightened out.  I really like Kword.  But that's kind of new, isn't it?
oh well, maybe in a few more months.

WP8 was a semi-commercial program and absolutely stinkingly pukingly awful,
still using the ancient PTR files from WP5.1 days with those hard-coded font
selections.  I remember hand-editing those in Dos to try to get WP5.1 to use
downloadable fonts.  think it was just a quick and dirty thing Corel put
out.  I guess that's why they switched their stategy to Wine.

Star Office is a big disappointment and is not the Linux crowd, as far as
I'm concerned.  Again, it's the hard coded font selections, unless there is
some way to install more fonts.  That kind of spoils a wp for me, since I
think times is too narrow and hard to read.

AbiWord:  Not as nice as Kword and still those hard coded fonts.  Most of
the Linux text editors aren't particular about fonts.  What libraries are
these guys using?

Klyx:  I haven't tried that.  That's the graphical front end to tetex,
right?  Okay I'll take a look at that, but tetex sounded like a real ancient
thing from pre-X days.

Applixware:  I heard of that, not Maxwell.