On Wednesday 22 November 2000 07:48 am, you wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Nov 2000, John Arkoulis wrote:
> > I found today in Vancouver at Staples Mandrake 7.2
> > The box contains 7 CDs and it says that includes KDE 2 Beta. Is this the
> > same version as Wall Mart was selling in the States???
>
> The boxed release doiesn't seem like it will have the KDE2 final yet only
> the d/l version, its a ruash job by mandrakesoft to get boxed pkgs out for
> christmas- marketing tactics :( and even the Final is buggy I gave up on
> it, its trying to copy a winblows interface too much in my opinion anyhow.
> I hate it.
>  --
> Chad Y.
> Registered Linux User #195191

I'd agree that giving the initial pre-Xmas boxed sets a miss is a good idea,
The seven disk set DOES sound like the one from Mandrake, The one from
MacMillian had 6 disks. How much was this and how much would you charge to
ship one to the states?
I don't at all agree with skidly chad, about the lack of quality with the
final release,

The TV is on right now, tuned to CNN, The sound is too low for me to hear
what it's saying but I keep hearing this chant with something to do with an
election.............It keeps saying his name, over and
over..............Chad, ...........mumble, .........mumble ..........election
Is HE the one that messed up the elections down south?

In any case, 7.2 gpl final works well with me. I'd like to get the Mandrake
boxed set to get some of the comercial and extra items sold with this. The
big item for me would to have the IBM via-voice. This is probobly just a toy,
that would cause me to yank the headphones off and start typing again, due to
my impatience with the process of training a voice interface. Supposedly the
via-voice application is NOT included with the Macmillian copy, so this may
be the indicator on which version it is. I'd install the first two disk with
the gpl ones and go to the other disk to get the extras.