On Sunday 26 November 2000 20:28, you wrote:
> Hi Marcia,
>
> When you say your computer had(has) LinuxM7.2 I'm assuming you mean
> Linux Mandrake 7.2, right?  And then you also have Suse 7... ok, now
> I have never tried Suse, and I'm pretty new to Mandrake, but why do
> you need both?  I would just pick one and concentrate on getting that
> one working right, but if you do want to keep both I think you should
> be able to do that depending on how you partition the drive.  And if
> you wanted to get rid of one you might think about how you want to
> partition that old space, so either way it sounds like you should
> look at your partition tables using something like DiskDrake.  And if
> you do want to keep both check your lilo/grub conf. settings.
>
> - jim
>
> On 11/26/00 3:49 PM, Marcia L Waller spoke the words:
> >Dear All,
> >I installed Suse 7 a couple of days ago and it was sharing my
> > computer with LinuxM7.2.Something I did in there  made it
> > impossible to boot back into Linux7.2. I had to reinstall Linux 7.2
> >  Also, I made the mistake of trying to setup my internet in Suse
> > and I think it stole my serial port or i/o or whatever because now
> > I cannot get on the net with Linux7.2.
> >
> > I was on the net without a problem before with Linux 7.2. I have
> > set up everything I can however it says my modem is busy and that
> > there is no card found even though I have it set up as it was
> > before in the /etc/modules.conf file and with linux conference.
> >
> > One benefit I got though is now my Mp'3 play great in LinuxM7.2 and
> > they did not before. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am
> > thinking of removing Suse and hopefully that will get my internet
> > up in Linux7.2 again. What would be the best way to do this? Thank
> > you very much for your help.Sincerely, Marcia

I agree with Jim,  stick to one distro until you get a strong basic
knowledge of linux then move on.  Mandrake is sometimes not the best to
start out with because you get dependent in all these wizards.   I have
to make an effort to learn to do things from the command line because
eventually I'll need to use them.
--
Eddie Torres
www.veloct.net