Mark Weaver wrote:

> Ok...I was really intrigued by the mention of a program called Tripwire
> here on the list, so I went out and found it; downloaded the binary
> tarball and installed it on my system. Now, I've got it and I don't have a
> clue as how to use it. I need to find some documentation that will at
> least "hint" how this thing is started, and then maintained. What docs
> came with it amount to a README file, and some short snippets of info that
> aren't any help at all.
>
> Of course there are some man pages, but at times they can be no help at
> all, but a great source of frustration.
>
> Can anyone suggest some where a fella could get some docs to tell me how
> to get started with this package?

Mark

I looked at tripwire a while back and had the same problem - there is
a 'clone' called (I think), 'aide' which has fairly good docs included.

After looking through these docs I got an idea of what was needed but
never actually completed the process - I think that was around
re-install 20 or so (current count 46).

I've looked through what I have here but seems I might have deleted both
distributions.

Cheers
--
ICQ#: 89345394                  Mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"The number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected"