On Thu, 7 Dec 2000, Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:

>flexibility with the UI. A UI is a very personal thing. That's why we have
>things like themes and configurable toolbars. The beauty of Linux is that you
>can choose what you want, and if you can't then you can tell the developers
>about it, or better yet contribute to the coding yourself. I firmly believe

Absolutely! This is the greatest thing perhaps about Linux. It is not a
rigid thing, decreed by the Large Gates of Windows.

>that there should be no "Linux way" for most things. Sure, there should be
>standards, but people should be given the choice to try something else if
>they wish. Linux (and Unix) even allow you to choose the type of command-line
>shell you want (bash, csh, ash, zsh...)!

To mind comes Perl programming: there's more than one way to do it.
Even the choice of program you use to open a shell (Konsole, xterm, rxvt,
aterm) is open!  :)

Paul

--
You will be reincarnated as a toad.