----- Original Message -----
From: "Doug McGarrett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2000 7:25 PM
Subject: Re: [newbie] gates gets Linux

:
: It was actually me that originally wrote
:
: >> > > > One of the "bad habits" is having to double-click
: >> > > > when a single click will do.  For those of us
: >> > > > who use both OS's it's quite distracting, and I
: >> > > > think the Linux way makes more sense.
:
: So it's only kde that does it.  Good!  I'm glad that
: someone has had the guts to break the mold. But it _is_
: distracting to use both systems.  Anyone know how to
: modify MS windows to use just one snap?
:
: --doug, wa2say

To change from 2 to 1 clicks in Win98 open any folder  (or My Computer)
Goto View>Options.

On the dialog box, select custom then click on settings.
At the bottom of the new dialog box... "Click Items as Follows..."

I don't know about WinMe or Win 2K or any of the NT branch...