Ian Land wrote:

> Well, that's only true if you use a window manager like KDE. Others, like
> Gnome, use double-clicks. So, a single-click is not "the Linux way". The
> Windows gui can be configured to act like Internet Explorer, which also means
> single-clicks. This isn't an OS question, it's a gui question.
>
> > One of the "bad habits" is having to double-click
> > when a single click will do.  For those of us
> > who use both OS's it's quite distracting, and I
> > think the Linux way makes more sense.
>
> --
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> "They said I was mad; and I said they were mad;
> damn them, they outvoted me"
>
> - Nathaniel Lee
Windows mouse support stinks, and it is terminally stupid to
continue to support the two button mouse. Both KDE and Gnome
are guilty of this, but KDE is worse because of a desire to
use the qt library for both windows and linux. For the Gnome
developers there is no excuse for their failure to use all
seven mouse buttons. Double clicks should be long gone by
now. :-)