Just a thought as I use Linux to share the internet
but you might try setting the Windows box serving the
internet as the gateway address on the client linux
box and enter the DNS information for you ISP on the
Linux client.  Another alternative is to use the Linux
box as the internet server.  Linux is indifferent as
to what operating system the clients are running.  (I
don't know if this is an issue with Windows ICS) With
IP chains and Pmfirewall.   www.pointman.org  I found
this very easy to setup although I'm using cable I
don't think it's much harder to setup with dial up.