On Friday 02 February 2001 00:01, concerningRe: [newbie] Emergency...solved,
you wrote:
> On Thursday 01 February 2001 11:30 am, -michael- wrote:
> > Somehow my bios values were changed...I reset them and its ok again.
>
>    Well,   for some of us that might'a missed it
>
>    was it a _USER_ error, hardware, or Mandrake that caused the
>    emergency ;>
Tom, I honestly don't know- all I know is that my bios settings were
changed...what preceded it was several attempts to boot, all aborted by me
when the 'eth0' interface was unable to be brought up due to some problem
probably with my isp. anyway, about the 4th time i aborted with control-alt
del, it wouldn't get any farther than recognizing my main hd and then it
would start 01010101ing across the screen. BTW what happened to my fonts?
when i opened this post i am all of a sudden getting those giant dotted
letters? but only in the kmail body, not any of the headers.
--
-michael-