Hey,

>     I've never seen 'em change by anything or anybody but the USER ;>

> > BTW what happened to my fonts? when i opened this post i am
> > all of a sudden getting those giant dotted letters? but only
> > in the kmail body, not any of the headers.

  While I can't address your bios thing, this bit is something
I'd dealt with often in kmail.  A little history:  For years,
when using shell accounts I'd got to know pine pretty well &
liked it.  When I'd had done with Windows as any more than a
gaming platform & installed RedHat 6.0 (I'd been using RH 5.0 for
a while on two boxes as a secondary OS), I used pine.  But RedHat
does some odd things sometimes & I suddenly couldn't get pine to
read the mail headers any longer (pine takes mail in whatever
folder & reformats the headers for its own purposes -- except it
was no longer able to do that no matter what I'd done).

  In any case, I'd turned to kmail, as I have more than one mail
account on more than one mail server.  Well, the kmail which is
with kde 1.0 (or is that 1.1?) really had some problems -- fonts
only one of them.  I'd even upgraded to kde 1.2 & tried kmail
there.  Everything was going OK but occasionally would wind up
with huge fonts.  I finally got fed up with the little problems
when any e-mail with pgp signatures would lock up X.

  I've not bothered since installing lm7.2 trying kmail since
pine is doing fine.  But I really have no desire to deal with it
any longer anyway.

  Meph

--
  "I did this 'cause Linux gives me a woody."
  -Dave '-ddt->' Taylor, announcing DOOM for Linux