Tafta Zani wrote:

> ouch, sorry
>
> seems that outlook express turn my setting back to HTML format.
> (still using windoze coz I got WinModem, recommend me the right modem.
> I mean cheap, fast, and sure it isn't winmodem)

dynalink made some excellent internal and external modems, including the
rare PCI based Linmodem, which is a software modem with Linux drivers.
I had used their ISA modem prior to changing to cable internet, and have
no complaint.

recently i was also pleasantly surprised to find that Mitsubushi diamond
manufactured an external modem that is compatible with Linux and SCO
Unix.  this was a surprise to me, because i am starting to find alot of
winmodems among the el - cheapo external modems as well.

Aston
Sydney, Australia