On Friday 16 February 2001 08:30 pm, Tafta Zani wrote:
> ouch, sorry
>
> seems that outlook express turn my setting back to HTML format.
> (still using windoze coz I got WinModem, recommend me the right
> modem. I mean cheap, fast, and sure it isn't winmodem)

   http://www.kcdata.com/~gromitkc/winmodem.html    has a section that
recommends some pci internals.  Also you can go thru their link
http://www.kcdata.com/~gromitkc/20010212a.html    to check for a
modem's linux compatibility before you buy it.

    A search of 'hardware modem' at  http://www.pricewatch.com/  will
return dozens of links, but you should still check any prospective
modem against the the linux list above.  My recommendation would be any
internal pci or isa built around a Texas Instruments (TI) chipset.
Phoebe/TI's are good/cheap.  If you live in an area where the phone
lines are only good for 28,800, you'll do better with a 33,6 modem than
a 56K.
--
Tom Brinkman             [EMAIL PROTECTED]       Galveston Bay