>most often you will need to correctly set your ISP's DNS Server in whatever
>program you use to dial-in

     I use something called "kppp."  On the desktop of KDE this is reached
by clicking on an icon named "Internet."  As I stated in my previous
postings, the DNS is still the same as it was when I could get out on the
Internet, and yes, it is correct (the settings are the same as on this
computer, and I can get out on the net with this -- running another OS).
Thank you for your advice though.  The DNS entry was the first thing I
checked, and apparently it wasn't completely wrong to do so.

                                                              DRX