On Thursday 22 February 2001 08:35 pm, Mark Weaver wrote:
> Ryan Le Gros wrote:
> > the way the linux file system works keeps your drive defragmented
> > at all times. thats one of the reasons its absolutely vital that
> > you shut your machine down properly.
>
> Not if you're running with ReiserFS.  :)  I don't know if I'll ever
> that Reiser is...Well, one day the power went out while I was running
> and when it came back on the comp came back up and never missed a
> beat. At that moment I was sold on ReiserFS.

  hehehe,  first time i used ReiserFS, shortly after the install I hit
  the power off button on purpose.
  Didn't even blink an eye while rebooting ;)  Been using Rfs since
  last summer with no problems

http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/jfs/?dwzone=opensource
   looks like an up'an comer tho too.
--
Dale Earnhardt,  the greatest stock car driver ever.
  Tom Brinkman             [EMAIL PROTECTED]       Galveston Bay