I'm still a newbie myself, so I can't tell you all about
reisersf.  There is a web site where you can read up on it at
http://www.namesys.com.  When my tinkering with changes and
updates hosed my system, I took advantage of the new install to
restructure my partitions.  You are given the option during the
install to run diskdrake in the expert mode.  You can select the
type of file system you want (i.e. vfat, ext2, reiserfs etc.).  I
opted to go with reiserfs on all my former ext2 partitions.  I
also tried the dreaded power reset button just to see for myself
if recovery is all it is said to be.  It made a beliver out of
me, and you won't find me going back.

Barry :-)