I just got pmfirewall working in  my unusual circumstances.. ie hosting
multiple domains,, (virtual IP's for ppp0)
and before the firewall would only work on the static IP of the dialup, not
the actual domain names..

it now works exactly as I wanted, and I have added alot to the ruleset as
well..

ie, apart from working on all the domains, I also watch the portsentry
emails, (which are directed to my home account)
and when I see a port being scanned, if I am not using it, I add it to the
rules...

so all the commonly scanned ports get denied or rejected by default.

I am starting to feel better about my security level. (still paranoid
though.)

I think one of the best things you can do, is to make sure you are not using
any unencrypted ports over the net.

ie no pop3, no FTP no telnet, or any others, if you aint using it, turn it
off, and most of all, keep updated.

just my thoughts, if anyone wants to know how I got pmfirewall working with
virtual IP's or domains...  drop me a line...

regards

Frank Hauptle
Gshop & Network Payment Solutions.