On Saturday 17 March 2001 05:49 pm, Paul R wrote:
> Ok, so what are some good ways to convert PMFirewall rules to IPChains?

     PMfirewall is nothing more than a script you run, answer some
straightforward questions, and then it writes ipchains rules according to
the answers you give.  .....or maybe I don't understand your question ?

>   I'm running IPChains now, witht the rules set up by PMFirewall (added
> a rule to close port 1024 which PMFirewall left open).  But how do I
> make it close (as opposed to filter) ports.  ALso, any specific
> unnecessary ports PMF leaves open that I should close with IPChains?

      I believe this is what portsentry does.  Type 'whereis portsentry' in
a terminal, to see if it's already installed. Many Mandrake installs
include it.  'locate portsentry' will show you where the docs are.
--
Dale Earnhardt,  the greatest stock car driver ever,
 he's won his 8th and  His Greatest Championship