On Saturday 24 March 2001 12:53 pm, you wrote:
> While I am dwelling the halls of mandrake talking a huge load of utter
> nonsense.
> There is something I would apreciate yor help on.In lm7.2 I see the
> switchdesk utillity has been removed so how do I now switch to gnome?
>
> From my dim past I can remember there is a way arounnd by putting a
> .bashrc file in your home directory but there must be an easier way!!
>
> Tnx
>
> Stefaans
If you are in KDE or one of the other GUI desktops, you should be able to log
off and when it goes to the graphical login with the different penquins and
asks for the password you can change the desk top there. Just click on the
KDE or ICEWM or what ever shows up below the login/password lines and it
should drop down a list of all of the GUI's available to you. Take your pick.
If you are doing just text boot up and are typing the line "startx" I am not
sure what the line should be. Something like "startx gnome" but maybe some
one else on the list knows that for sure. Choices are wonderful, onward,
--
Dennis M. registered Linux user # 180842