Well, the connection, firewall, and ipmasq in pretty easy in 8.0.  I can't
help with the samba cause we don't really want ours to communicate to each
other.  But with the prior, if you are doing a fresh install, choose set up
lan and put in your ips for each of your machines and a submask.  Then once
you boot.  Uninstall mdk rp-pppoe and Install rp-pppoe 3.0 (I think it is,
their latest) cause I still haven't any luck with mdk version.  Go into
Mandrake Control Center under connection sharing and fill in the few
blanks/questions.  Go into the firewall part and answer the few questions.
Then in a terminal type:  adsl-setup.  Answer the few questions.  Type
adsl-start and you should all be on the internet.  These are the basic steps
and easier said than done.  If you need more help, the list is here.  You may
have to check around the internet for info on samba.
-s