ok ill try not to get carried away.
the cable comes into my house, into my cable modem, into eth0 in my gateway.
then i have eth1 hooked to my hub which hooks to the rest of my computers.
the gateway is an old 486dx 66 with two nics, video, and a floppy drive.
freesco runs off of the floppy. my isp uses dhcp so eth0 is set to dhcp. i
also have the dhcp server running in freesco so it serves ip addresses to
all my computers.
i live in a rural area so we dont get many attacks. the good thing about
freesco is if you screw it up you can just pop it in to another machine,
format the disk, and reload it back up. it takes less that 5min for me to
set up the routing and firewall/nat on the gateway. sll you have to do to
get the dhcp server is tell the setup that you want to use it.

as for the rp-pppoe im not sure. we dont have that here. i will look thru
the documentation i have and i will let you know if i find anything

hope this helps. if you have any other questions, just ask, if i know i will
gladly share. i hope everyone on this list feel this same way. i have only
been using it(the list) for a little while and i have learned alot. i hope
it will stay that way.

james massardo