On Wed, 20 Jun 2001 18:48:51 -0400
Randy Kramer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Randy,

Those 'can't be moved' clusters always gave me trouble when I attempted
skrinking.

For the past few Linux installs where dual-booting was going to be used,
I found it a better option to remove and reinstall Windows into it's own
part of the first harddisk.

I realise that this option is a problem if you have 'valuable' data in
the windows partition but I suggest it will give you a great deal less
hassle.

Cheers

John

> 1. Sometimes when I defrag a Windows partition there are clusters that
> "can't be moved" in various locations throughout the partition -- can
> "resize" move those while shrinking?
>
> 2. Does reshrink give any warning before it reshrinks if the size you
> ask for requires moving the "can't be moved" clusters?
>
> 3. Does resize even attempt to move clusters, or does it just shrink
by
> the amount of emtpy space at the end of the partition?
>
> Thanks,
> Randy Kramer
>
> Charles A Edwards wrote:
> > 1)Run both ScanDisk and Defrag on your drive before you begin the
> > installation
> > 2)Run the installation in Expert mode.
> > 3)At the partitioning stage of the installation click on your
Windows

--
"The number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected"
       (The UNIX Programmer's Manual, 2nd Edition, June 1972.)