On Thursday 21 June 2001 08:15 am, Randy Kramer wrote:

> One followup question:  Must I restore those attributes for any
> (functional) reason after the defrag?  (I mean, is there any reason
> something (in Windows) would not work because the attributes have
> been changed?)

    No.  There's no permissions in Winblows, which is one reason it's
so inherently insecureable. M$ uses those attributes (ie, hidden and
system) so most users won't know those files exist, and hopefully won't
fool with 'em.  BTW, defrag with some Windoze systems won't move swap
files either.  There's a few work-arounds, but the easiest is to set
virtual memory to -0- (only if you have 64mb ram or more), and then
reboot and defrag.  This isn't usually a problem tho.
--
Tom Brinkman      [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Galveston Bay