I don't think it is a matter of perference as much as it is a matter of
what Linux really is. Linux is a networking os just like any UNIX or UNIX
clone. Whwn dealing with networking OSes, you need user groups, root
access, etc.

We can write to each other all we want about changing how Linux works, but
folks, Windows 2000 has its users, user group, administrator (root), etc.
Anytime you deal with an networking OS you will have all of that.

COuld they make a single user version of Linux? No. Linux is POSIX
compliant and it will lose that in the change.

Even though we are all newto Linux, don't you think we owe it to the Linux
community in general to read up on it and see what it is all about,
instead of just jumping in and then thrashing it because it isn't Windows?