Randy Kramer wrote:

> The Conways wrote:
> > Has anyone had any positive or negative experiences with the latest version
> > 4.1.0 of Xfree 86?
>
> Jim,
>
> No real experience, but if you upgrading from 3.3.6, be aware that some
> drivers that existed for 3.3.6 do not exist for 4.1.0.
>
> Randy Kramer

I'm sticking with 3.3.6. My graphics card does not like XFree 4.x. I am
using the NVIDIA GeForce card. I have been happy with it.
I have learned from another user that moving to higher version XFree
doesn't mean that your graphics performance will be better.
Some cards will show poorer graphics in the higher version of XFree.

Roman
Registered Linux User #179293
"su is not the root of your problem
    but the start of a new journey"