On Monday 09 July 2001 01:40 pm, Cliff Gosden wrote:
> When I ran the program to check which binaries it said there were no
> binaries for this version (i.e LM8) so I didn't proceed.
> Cliff

http://pclinuxonline.com/article.php?sid=75

    Texstar is a good ol' TX Luser.  He often makes major upgrades
available much the same as Chris Molnar use to for KDE.  I use a lot of
cooker updates, but for major items like XFree, and between chasing
failed dependencies and other snags ... it's a lot easier to let a hand
like Texstar do it for you ;)

> > Newbies,
> > Has anyone had any positive or negative experiences with the latest
>
> version  > > 4.1.0 of Xfree 86?

   As I aluded to above, I've been usin Texstar's rebuilt Mandrake
cooker rpms for over a month, no problems. I should say tho that he
also has some newer 4.1 rpms, but they disable anti aliasing for 8 to
14 pt fonts. So I haven't bothered with those.

ftp://ftp.eastwind.net/pub/mirrors/texstar/Xfree-4.1.0/

--
   Tom Brinkman      [EMAIL PROTECTED]      Galveston Bay