Honestly, I'd say go with the usual saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"
No need to upgraded at this point.  I haven't noticed any performance
differences, X has never crashed on me.  The only reason I upgraded was because
I thought it would help my issue with the drivers.  (When the real issue was I
didn't have the beta drivers to work with DualHead.  All because the web page
was down the whole weekend.)

So if things work the way they are now, don't bother.  If it does end up
causing a head ache for you, you'll just be pissed because there was no reason
to upgrade.
tdh

| Randy Kramer wrote:
| >
| > The Conways wrote:
| > > Has anyone had any positive or negative experiences with the latest version
| > > 4.1.0 of Xfree 86?
| >
| > Jim,
| >
| > No real experience, but if you upgrading from 3.3.6, be aware that some
| > drivers that existed for 3.3.6 do not exist for 4.1.0.
| >
| > Randy Kramer
|
| I'm sticking with 3.3.6. My graphics card does not like XFree 4.x. I am
| using the NVIDIA GeForce card. I have been happy with it.
| I have learned from another user that moving to higher version XFree
| doesn't mean that your graphics performance will be better.
| Some cards will show poorer graphics in the higher version of XFree.
|
| Roman
| Registered Linux User #179293
| "su is not the root of your problem
|     but the start of a new journey"

T. Holmes
UNIXTECHS.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Real Men Us Vi!"

Uptime:
 2:51PM  up 4 days, 17:57, 9 users, load averages: 0.02, 0.01, 0.00
                        Your Fortune
One thing the inventors can't seem to get the bugs out of is fresh
paint.