James S Bear wrote:
> Hey--and does the one that says something about hi, i'd like your advice about
> this come with a file attached in *.pif format?  If so, I think I got it.  Maybe
> I have had viruses and just didn't know it.  What does this virus do?

See http://www.f-secure.fi/v-descs/sircam.shtml.

Basically, it:

-is called SirCam.

-works only on Windows, and only if you use Outlook or Outlook express
as your email client.

-infects your computer only if you open the attachment (and you use
Windows, Outlook, etc.).

-installs itself on your computer, then sends copies of itself to other
computers via email messages or over a LAN by looking for Windows
shares.

-when it sends copies of itself, it picks random files from your disk to
send to others, so, it may be distributing your confidential
information.

-on a random basis, it may either erase the hard drive (partition)
containing Windows, or fill it up with garbage.

Randy Kramer