Yes, if you're going to use Diskdrake to set up your HD, you CANNOT go
back in and resize it with Partition Magic.  They are different enough to
result in mysterious data loss over a period of time and eventually,
you'll end up losing everything.  I had this experience over several
machines and this is the response I received from Powerquest Partition
Magic's tech-support.

Sevatio