Tom Brinkman wrote:

>    I can't vouch for all hardare combo's, but it should work. My old
> motherboard had 2 isa slots and I used an SB AWE64 that had two headers
> for the CD drive sound cables. Both the CDrom and the CD-RW could play
> sound with cables connected from each.

Ok, I'll give it a try the next time I have my case open (thats pretty well
daily! <grin>)

>   My new mobo only has one isa slot, so I use it for my modem and
> reluctantly use the integrated sound chip. Damn win-hardware, it's
> gettin tought to avoid ;(  Anyhow there's only one header on the mobo
> for connecting CD drive sound to, so my CDrom is connected, CD-RW isn't.
> --
>         Tom Brinkman                       Galveston Bay

Boy, do I understand that. The Soyo MB that I was having so many IRQ problems
with (everything wanted to grab IRQ 11, dunno why) had integrated sound. Don't
like it. I gave that setup to my son, (age 10) who is now dual-booting with
Linux (with the small number of cards he has though, its okay) and Windog. I
switched to one of Civileme's recommendations - a generic Shuttle MB.
Installed same cards I had in the Soyo MB, and got no IRQ conflicts at all. Go
figure. ;-)

Thanks for the reply!

--

                                                                 /\