On Wednesday 22 August 2001 09:33 am, Kirby Urner escribió:

> Note that both CD players (CDR and CDRW) play through the
> speakers when I'm in the WinME environment on the same
> machine (tested a few times).  I wouldn't think MDK'd
> require a cable where WinME does not.

   That's because it's win-sound. In Windoze the CD drives are playing
digitally thru the motherboard using a combination of hardware and
software.  Like all win-hardware situations it's a big drain on system
resources. The direct cable connection is analog and doesn't drain
system resources. Personally I hope Linux never develops win-hardware
solutions. It's bad enough that junk win-modems are now tolerated.
--
        Tom Brinkman                       Galveston Bay

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com