Paul wrote:

> It was Wed, 22 Aug 2001 12:05:10 -0400 when Tim Holmes wrote:
>
> >Not sure if this will help, but here's the alias I use for Mplayer.
> >
> >alias mp='mplayer -vo x11'
>
> I told him so on another list...
> It did not work. I suspect there's something with the setup of his system.
> Even with other players there is the same problem.
>
> Paul

Paul, excuse me for butting in on this thread, but after hearing so much about
Mplayer I decided to try it. Went to their website, d/l'ed the source and
tried to compile it. Got an immediate error message to the effect that I was
using a bad (2.96) version of gcc. Said to -downgrade- it or upgrade it.

So...how did you get Mplayer to compile? Thanks!

PS I'm using 8.0!

--

                                                                 /\
                                                             Dark><Lord