Hi All,
  I just read through all of this months archive's on
mplayer. I had this instaled on my Mandrake 8.0 one
time, but when I started reading how to use it ie the
help file, my eyes started to cross, etc.  It was very
difficult for me to determine how to play a movie on
it.  Is there someplace where I could print out the
commands and try and learn them or is there a simple
command line that I could use and it would work with
most file??
  I appreciate your patience with this newbie.
Don
--- Len Lawrence <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Aug 2001, Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
>
> > Red Hat's GCC is _not_, as some will tell you,
> buggy. It is just fussier and
> > less forgiving with code. Mandrake's GCC is a
> pruning from the (then
> > unfinished) GCC 3.0 tree. It was called 2.96
> simply because the number had
> > been vacated by the GCC developers (to avoid
> confusion with Red Hat's
> > version). In other words, Mandrake does not use
> Red Hat's GCC. MPlayer works
> > flawlessly in Mandrake 8.0 when configured with
> the --disable-gcc-checking
> > flag before compilation.
>
> It compiles with GCC 2.95 in Mandrake 7.2 with X
> 4.0.1 but does not work.
> Just spent a whole week fiddling with it.
>
> --
> Len Lawrence @ The Thistle Foundation
>

> > Want to buy your Pack or Services from
MandrakeSoft?